Monday, January 5, 2009

Interview NIGHTMARE

Stupidity strikes again!
Say What?!
Stoooooo-peee-deee-teeee Strrr-yyyykke-ssss aaaaa-gaaiiin!!!

Well the day went on fine til i got a call " Hi Jason, u applied a job as a part time Barista in Starbucks Tropicana Mall Can u make it to the interview today at 6"
And so the story begins. I was there before 6 and i joined the other Baristas on a Coffee tasting Session. Todays coffee was a Kenyan Brew. I never knew that coffee taste other than bitter or sweet. This tasted soury or they say citrusy because of its grapefruitty flavour and after that the nightmare started
So, the title says pretty much the scenario of the case. It was going quite smoothly.Okay maybe not smoothly, quite a lot of bumps as i kinda got stuck in a few questions.
Brain fluidity score = 3 1/2 out of 10
It was all normal questions pretty much
Example 1 Why did u pick Starbucks?
Example 2 Why do u think i should hire u?

and then he asked "Why do u wanna work here?"
Answer : Tomorrow
OMG! TOOOOMMMMOOORRROOOOW???!!!
When i said that i imagine myself falling of a 40 floor building screaming
TTTTOOOOOOOOOOOO-MMMOOOOOOOOOOO-ROOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

SPLAAAAT!!! or maybe for my size BOOOM!!

So then later on i tried to redeem explain the meaning of tomorrow to him in the most bizarre ways.Like i need this job to live another day... I felt a stamp on my forehead
"SUICIDAL"

Okay... enough of that then later on he asked me if i had a best friend. I said i have one. He asked if i would call him/her right now "What do u think he/she would say about u?"
The first answer came up my mind "LAME" and babbled it out. I felt another stamp on my head
"LOSER"
Then I said she might say i am funny sweet hardworking kind and .......... pooof ideas off
Then he asked me "Is that all you could think of "and........OMG DIE!!

Yes, as the question went on and on i was loosing my calm Then finally he said at the midpoint Jason, honestly speaking your not doing very well in the interview
Mind visualisation*: A grandfather clock ringing "DONG! DONG! Dong! and of course everything was dark and moody Anime moment of sorrows squatting in the corner wiping the floor with my finger and both stamps " Suicidal Loser" on my forehead. And in my heart everything went south at that moment.

Then he asked me do you know anyone who works in Starbucks?
I said yes , William Ng and Goh Pui Yen
Oww... Are you close with them? Ermm not really maybe hang out a little but not close
How did you know them from? My club activities
Then he blurted out " Did you know that William Ng was under me and he couldn't stand the pressure?" No....
Yea know i am telling you and he's not a good worker and i am having doubts that U will be like him. Because a lot of DJ students cant handle the pressure.
In my Application form i wrote i was from DJ school and
The Mentality Score: 2 out of 10

Dear fellow class/schoolmates please do not hate me but I have to agree with the guy our school authorities in DJ is not a character building school. Its so focused on Academics. Yes i try to compare my experience of Taman SEa and DJ just to make some small talk. Then, i said i have handled some problematic people before. The he interrupted we call them Clowns. William, sorry but i heard some bad comments about u as the interview went on.Oh right, then names like Tan Yi Ming and another person popped out too Craaaappp....

Then came the what if / situation quesitons and o gawd i suck at those
So 1st, What if u had a emo customer and tells u why are u so slow
Answer : i will apologize and blablablabla
Verdict: So ur gonna talk and delay service even further...
Failed
2nd question What if you had a internal conflict with a co-worker and how would u deal with it
Answer: i said i am very patient if he starts to affect my work i have to report it a higher authority
Verdict: Okay
i think it passed
Then next was what can u do to make costumers come back?
Answer: . . . . . . . . . i stared at a costumer and an idea popped I would maybe go up to them when they have finish their drink/food and ask if they would like to have something else
Verdict: . . . . . What else
Dush** and so the mind goes wondering yet again

So, finally the grueling one on one ended and he asked if i had any questions
I asked him some questions about what time work starts How long is working hours What else is needed to do I was kinda shy to ask about the salary thing so i just kept to myself i don't like to give a impression that i am in for da dough. Then i asked if the tasting session is a daily thing he said yes it is a learning lesson where we teach our workers on the product and we would have to study 4 guides/manuals when we work. I was very impressed actually, u know as a total newbie in coffee industry. i didn't imagine coffee could be like Wine tasting

Hah... so that's the story of downhill interview 1
Wonder whats the next one gonna be like if there is one. But I really aiming hard to actually accomplish my new years resolutions 2009. He told me that i will hear from him tommorow which is maybe today. O-yea BTW I felt he was very firmiliar and i found out he is
RACHEL CHONG's BROTHER , BEN

Signing out,
Jason Hong


this interview goes in no specific order of questions due to
i kinda forgot how the arrangement went

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. when he ask u abt best fren were u thinkin of me :P